Project 2.0 / Gallery is partner to the KunstKoop project of the Mondriaan Fonds. This means it is possible to acquire works from our gallery through a subsidized, interest-free loan.
The Mondriaan Fonds believes a thriving commercial art market forms an essential source of income for artists and is testament to the engagement of individuals and society as a whole with the fine arts. In order to stimulate the private market for high quality art, the Mondriaan Fonds offers an arrangement called KunstKoop.
KunstKoop allows individuals to purchase works of art paid in interest-free installments. If you enter into a loan through KunstKoop, you do not need to pay the entire amount at once while the Mondriaan Fonds will cover the complete interest for your loan. This means 100% art against 0% interest.
These are the main features of the KunstKoop:
- The KunstKoop can be used for artworks that were made after 1945 by living artists or designers from the Netherlands.
- The work must be purchased from one of the 120 galleries affiliated with the KunstKoop.
- Experienced collector or novice buyer? An interest-free loan can be applied for by private buyers between the ages of 18 and 74 who live in the Netherlands. The loan must be paid off before the 76th birthday.
- The loan amounts to a minimum of 250 euros and a maximum of 7,500 euros per artwork. If the artwork costs more, you pay the remaining amount directly to the gallery.
- In all cases, you can choose to pay part of the total purchase amount directly to the gallery and request an interest-free loan for the other part.
- The term of the loan is at least six months and at most three years. You can always repay early at no extra cost.
- Limited edition art such as screen prints and lithographs must meet the requirements known in Project 2.0.
How does the KunstKoop work?
- Step 1: You decide to buy a work of art from a gallery that is affiliated with the KunstKoop. You conclude an agreement with the gallery for this.
- Step 2: The gallery fills in information about the purchase. You will receive an e-mail from Santander Consumer Finance Benelux to apply for an Art Purchase Loan. You fill in an online form and upload the requested documents.
- Step 3: If the application is approved, Santander pays the loan amount to the gallery. And you pay it off in installments. The Mondriaan Fonds reimburses the interest.
We are happy to tell you more about the KunstKoop, or you can visit the Mondriaan Fonds website.